MantisBT

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000368XdebugUsage problems (Wrong Results)public2008-04-18 19:362009-10-17 18:40
Reporterderick 
Assigned To 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0000368: Xdebug's debugger bails out on a parse error with the eval command.
DescriptionYesterday someone pointed out an issue with VS.Php and XDebug that I I'm having an issue figuring out what's wrong. I'm including a log file so you can take a look at the xdebug communication but it boils down to this:

I put a breakpoint in a static method call like this:

fofo::relocate("few", "324");

VS.Php asks XDebug to evaluate the expression fofo::relocate

XDebug does not like it and responds with:

<response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="
http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] status="stopped" reason="ok"></response>

This basically stops the debugger from this point on. I'm not sure why an eval call would make xdebug stop debugging.

I also noticed that the response does not include a transaction_id. Is this acceptable in the protocol? If so, where can I find more info on when can I expect responses with no transaction_ids.

Any suggestions or advice you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.
Additional Information<- breakpoint_set -i 8 -t line -f file:///C:/Users/juanc/Documents/Visual%20Studio%202008/Projects/tutorial/tutorial/index.php [^] -n 15 -r 0
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] command="breakpoint_set" transaction_id="8" id="672400004"></response>

<- breakpoint_set -i 9 -t line -f file:///C:/Users/juanc/Documents/Visual%20Studio%202008/Projects/tutorial/tutorial/public_html/cms/main.php [^] -n 3 -r 0
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] command="breakpoint_set" transaction_id="9" id="672400005"></response>

<- run -i 10
-> <stream xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] type="stdout" encoding="base64"><![CDATA[PGh0bWw+DQo8Ym9keT4NCg==]]></stream>

-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] command="run" transaction_id="10" status="break" reason="ok"><xdebug:message filename="file:///C:/Users/juanc/Documents/Visual%20Studio%202008/Projects/tutorial/tutorial/index.php" [^] lineno="15"></xdebug:message></response>

<- stack_get -i 11
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] command="stack_get" transaction_id="11"><stack where="{main}" level="0" type="file" filename="file:///C:/Users/juanc/Documents/Visual%20Studio%202008/Projects/tutorial/tutorial/index.php" [^] lineno="15"></stack></response>

<- eval -i 13 -- Zm9mbw==
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] command="eval" transaction_id="13"><property address="29030884" type="string" size="4" encoding="base64"><![CDATA[Zm9mbw==]]></property></response>

<- eval -i 14 -- Zm9mbzo6cmVsb2NhdGU=
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] status="stopped" reason="ok"></response>

<- context_get -c 0 -i 15
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] command="context_get" transaction_id="15"><error code="5"><message><![CDATA[command is not available]]></message></error></response>

<- run -i 15
TagsNo tags attached.
Operating System
PHP Version5.2.6
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0001040)
ksafonov (reporter)
2009-08-16 13:10

using php_xdebug-2.0.5-5.3-vc9 on Vista Ultimate SP1 32 bit
download and setup WordPress project
open the project in NetBeans
but breakpoint in index.php:18 "require('./wp-blog-header.php');"
add watch "$this->wp_query_args"
start debugging on index.php
-> you'll get socket exception

Xdebug log ends with
<- eval -i 5011 -- JHRoaXMtPndwX3F1ZXJ5X2FyZ3M=
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] command="eval" transaction_id="5011" status="stopping" reason="ok"></response>

<- context_get -i 5012 -c 0
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" [^] command="context_get" transaction_id="5012"><error code="5"><message><![CDATA[command is not available]]></message></error></response>

As the result there's no way to start NetBeans debugging since Xdebug disconnects immediately after start.
(0001099)
derick (administrator)
2009-10-17 18:40

Fixed in CVS HEAD.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-04-18 19:36 derick New Issue
2009-08-16 13:10 ksafonov Note Added: 0001040
2009-10-17 18:40 derick Note Added: 0001099
2009-10-17 18:40 derick Status new => closed
2009-10-17 18:40 derick Resolution open => fixed
2016-07-31 13:36 derick Category Usage problems => Usage problems (Crashes)
2016-07-31 13:38 derick Category Usage problems (Crashes) => Usage problems (Wrong Results)


Copyright © 2000 - 2017 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker