View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0000297XdebugUsage problems (Wrong Results)public2007-07-20 00:21
Reporterd_kelseyAssigned Toderick 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
Status resolvedResolutionno change required 
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0000297: XDebug doesn't report back the transaction id on error response
DescriptionAn example of a command I sent to XDebug 2.0.0 (full version) and the response I got

-->DBGp: cmd: breakpoint_set -i 125 -t line -f file:///C:/udata-eclipse/testworkspaces/testxdebug/PhpCode/Looping.php -n 9 -- JGkgPT0gMTAw
-->DBGp: Response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set"><error code="3"><message><![CDATA[invalid or missing options]]></message></error></response>

I get a bad response back, but not transaction id is in the response. The DBGp protocol doc includes it in the example.
TagsNo tags attached.
Operating SystemWindows.
PHP Version5.2.1

Activities

derick

2007-07-19 19:50

administrator   ~0000699

I can not reproduce this, the only time I do not get a transaction ID back in the response is when the transaction ID was not part of the command either:

(cmd) breakpoint_set -i 125 -t line -f file:///C:/udata-eclipse/testworkspaces/testxdebug/PhpCode/Looping.php -n 9 -- JGkgPT0gMTAw

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set" transaction_id="125" id="21740001"></response>

(cmd) fsad

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="fsad"><error code="3"><message><![CDATA[invalid or missing options]]></message></error></response>

d_kelsey

2007-07-19 22:21

reporter   ~0000701

HI Derick, apologies, my output of the command was not correct, It turns out I was putting the transaction id at the end of the command ie
breakpoint_set -t line -f file:///C:/udata-eclipse/testworkspaces/testxdebug/PhpCode/Looping.php -n 9 -- JGkgPSAxMDA= -i 71

and so it wasn't picking up the transaction id, So I can fix this by putting the transaction id between the command and the command arguments (which are all the specific command arguments).

Don't know if you want to keep this open as xdebug didn't allow for arguments after the --.

Sorry about the confusion.

derick

2007-07-20 00:21

administrator   ~0000702

Okay, no worries. I'll close it then as this is not a bug. I did however find an invalid free problem with the condition which could make Xdebug crash when PHP was shutting down. I fixed that in CVS now.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2007-07-19 14:59 d_kelsey New Issue
2007-07-19 19:50 derick Note Added: 0000699
2007-07-19 19:50 derick Status new => feedback
2007-07-19 22:21 d_kelsey Note Added: 0000701
2007-07-20 00:21 derick Status feedback => resolved
2007-07-20 00:21 derick Resolution open => no change required
2007-07-20 00:21 derick Assigned To => derick
2007-07-20 00:21 derick Note Added: 0000702
2016-07-31 13:36 derick Category Usage problems => Usage problems (Crashes)
2016-07-31 13:38 derick Category Usage problems (Crashes) => Usage problems (Wrong Results)