View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000335||Xdebug||Usage problems (Wrong Results)||public||2007-11-14 06:42||2009-03-28 19:46|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0000335: xdebug uses enormous amounts of memory when tracing or profiling long running scripts.|
|Description||While debugging an export script which exports some hundred megabytes of data to a csv file I noticed that the apache consumed increasing amounts of memory.|
,----[ ps uax ]---
| USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND
| www-data 9488 4.6 68.5 1052576 709888 ? S 05:12 3:05 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
I discoverd with lsof that this apache process was the one which had php running to export the data. PHP has a configured memory limit of 64MB and also they're no data structures in the script which could hold such enormous amount of data.
Is this a known problem?
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Operating System||Debian Etch|
||No, not known problems... perhaps you can come up with a short reproducing script?|
I tried to localize in which part of the script the problem could in trying
memory_get_usage() which helped me not. The real usage was constant, while i got negative values for emalloc after a few iterations which didn't make any sense to me. This is true with xdebug enabled and also if it's disabled.
Can you give me a hint how I could try to localize this problem? I could sent you the scripts, but I'm sorry, I can not send you the data stored in MySQL since it's sensitive (data for a study which tested about 12.000 pupils of my state.). But if you tell me how can I help assist you in tracking this down I will gladly help.
i also have problem with high memory usage by apache (1-2Gb of ram) while debuging.
i use eclipse for debug and strange thing that it happens only with phpeclipse plugin (pdt+xdebug works fine). if i kill eclipse and java at all memory continues to grow until hang my system or stopping apache. so i think it's not phpeclipse bug but xdebug's one.
php code with which i experience this problem is quite complex. so i can't make testcase example. only i can say recusrion gettes setters autoloading of classes and some other things.
||Duplicate of 0000425, which I've just fixed.|
|2007-11-14 06:42||lars||New Issue|
|2007-11-18 18:15||derick||Note Added: 0000812|
|2007-11-18 18:15||derick||Status||new => feedback|
|2007-11-18 23:51||lars||Note Added: 0000813|
|2008-04-25 20:06||rion||Note Added: 0000845|
|2009-03-28 19:46||derick||Note Added: 0000936|
|2009-03-28 19:46||derick||Status||feedback => closed|
|2009-03-28 19:46||derick||Resolution||open => duplicate|
|2016-07-31 13:36||derick||Category||Usage problems => Usage problems (Crashes)|
|2016-07-31 13:38||derick||Category||Usage problems (Crashes) => Usage problems (Wrong Results)|