View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0001001XdebugUsage problems (Wrong Results)public2014-05-20 15:53
ReporterDragonaireAssigned Toderick 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status resolvedResolutionunable to reproduce 
Platformx86_64OSLinuxOS Version3.7.10-1.16
Product Version2.2.3 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0001001: var_dump always shows HTML output in CLI and no ANSI codes
DescriptionI've tried it with both normal TTY and in Konsole on KDE and even with
html_errors = Off
xdebug.cli_color = 2
xdebug.overload_var_dump = 1
 I get output like this:
<pre class='xdebug-var-dump' dir='ltr'><small>boolean</small> <font color='#75507b'>false</font>


Instead of getting output WITHOUT the html tags but WITH Ansi codes for coloring it.
Steps To ReproduceUse var_dump with the above settings or cli_color = 1 has the same result.
Additional InformationLinux 3.7.10-1.16-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 31 20:21:23 UTC 2013 (97c14ba) x86_64 GNU/Linux


PHP 5.4.21 (cli)
Copyright (c) 1997-2013 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies
    with Xdebug v2.2.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2013, by Derick Rethans
TagsNo tags attached.
Operating SystemOpenSuSE 12.3
PHP Version5.4-dev

Activities

derick

2013-11-11 10:43

administrator   ~0002608

Xdebug still listens to the html_errors setting. If you have set that to 1, then it will give you HTML and not CLI/CLI with colours output. Please check this setting with:

php -i | grep html_errors

And also, try running your script with the following:

php -dhtml_errors=0 -dxdebug.cli_color=2 -dxdebug.over_load_vardump=1 yourscript.php

then compare that to:

php -dhtml_errors=1 -dxdebug.cli_color=2 -dxdebug.over_load_vardump=1 yourscript.php

Dragonaire

2013-11-11 16:43

reporter   ~0002611

As shown above I have html_errors = Off in all the tests. I also changed it to html_errors = 0 and have the same results which is what I expected since PHP allows either.

Also tried with the settings using -d options like you suggested and they are the same with no color and html tags.

dragon:~/github/Dragonrun1/Yapeal/src/Yapeal # php -dhtml_errors=0 -dxdebug.cli_color=2 -dxdebug.over_load_vardump=1 ../../test.php
<pre class='xdebug-var-dump' dir='ltr'>
object(Yapeal\Entity\Char\AgentsStandings)[16]
  protected 'fromId' <font color='#888a85'>=></font> <font color='#3465a4'>null</font>
  protected 'fromName' <font color='#888a85'>=></font> <font color='#3465a4'>null</font>
  protected 'standing' <font color='#888a85'>=></font> <font color='#3465a4'>null</font>
  protected 'owner' <font color='#888a85'>=></font> <font color='#3465a4'>null</font>


dragon:~/github/Dragonrun1/Yapeal/src/Yapeal # php -dhtml_errors=1 -dxdebug.cli_color=2 -dxdebug.over_load_vardump=1 ../../test.php
<pre class='xdebug-var-dump' dir='ltr'>
object(Yapeal\Entity\Char\AgentsStandings)[16]
  protected 'fromId' <font color='#888a85'>=></font> <font color='#3465a4'>null</font>
  protected 'fromName' <font color='#888a85'>=></font> <font color='#3465a4'>null</font>
  protected 'standing' <font color='#888a85'>=></font> <font color='#3465a4'>null</font>
  protected 'owner' <font color='#888a85'>=></font> <font color='#3465a4'>null</font>


Both the prompt and when I run ls -al show colors so I know Konsole is set for color output.

derick

2013-12-04 00:01

administrator   ~0002630

Is there a way I can have a look at your machine, as this makes no sense whatsoever and I can't reproduce this.

Dragonaire

2013-12-05 17:12

reporter   ~0002643

Actually been updating that computer to new OpenSuSE 13.1 version so give me a couple days and I'll try things under it and see if it's still happens which I have a feeling it will but who knows. I have basic backup of the old system in case something goes wrong so might even be able to put it in VM or something that I can sent you once I'm done.

derick

2014-05-19 23:13

administrator   ~0002821

So would you say this is now all resolved?

Dragonaire

2014-05-20 02:34

reporter   ~0002832

Sorry didn't get back to you on this let's just say life happened and I ended up forgetting to do the tests. I've tried it in Ubunto 13.04 and openSuSE13.1 in VM and neither seem to do it. I'd mark it down to something wrong with the old install since I can't seem to reproduce either now so go ahead and close if I find way to get it to happen again I'll let you know.

derick

2014-05-20 15:53

administrator   ~0002835

Not a problem. Closing this out then.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2013-11-09 04:07 Dragonaire New Issue
2013-11-11 10:43 derick Note Added: 0002608
2013-11-11 10:43 derick Assigned To => derick
2013-11-11 10:43 derick Status new => feedback
2013-11-11 16:43 Dragonaire Note Added: 0002611
2013-11-11 16:43 Dragonaire Status feedback => assigned
2013-12-04 00:01 derick Note Added: 0002630
2013-12-04 00:01 derick Status assigned => feedback
2013-12-05 17:12 Dragonaire Note Added: 0002643
2013-12-05 17:12 Dragonaire Status feedback => assigned
2014-05-19 23:13 derick Note Added: 0002821
2014-05-19 23:13 derick Status assigned => feedback
2014-05-20 02:34 Dragonaire Note Added: 0002832
2014-05-20 02:34 Dragonaire Status feedback => assigned
2014-05-20 15:53 derick Note Added: 0002835
2014-05-20 15:53 derick Status assigned => resolved
2014-05-20 15:53 derick Resolution open => unable to reproduce
2016-07-31 12:36 derick Category Usage problems => Usage problems (Crashes)
2016-07-31 12:38 derick Category Usage problems (Crashes) => Usage problems (Wrong Results)