View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000559||Xdebug||Usage problems (Wrong Results)||public||2010-04-05 08:58||2010-04-05 17:08|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0000559: Profile trigger does not work with POST and COOKIE|
|Description||I tried to get XDebug Profiler to work on a trigger. It works perfectly when using GET requests, but as soon as I try to do it via POST or COOKIE, there is no output.|
The configuration is as follows:
xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger = 1
xdebug.profiler_append = 1
xdebug.profiler_output_dir = /tmp/xdebug/
|Additional Information||My environment is:|
* MacOS X 10.5.8
* Apache 2.2.14, PHP 5.3.2, XDebug 2.0.5 (all from MacPorts)
* Firefox 3.6.2
I used Firefox extensions TamperData (for injecting the POST var) and Easy XDebug (for the Cookie thingie). As far as I can tell, both did their job and injected the data, at least it arrived at the server.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Operating System||Mac OS X 10.5.8|
||This works just fine for me. Can you try the latest version with SVN, and if it doesn't work provide the engine and xdebug sections (only) of phpinfo() output?|
I'll try it later today.
Maybe the problem with POST requests is that it was originally a GET request and TamperData just added the POST parameter (or maybe not, I'm not sure if it's allowed by the HTTP RFCs to add POST data to a GET request - and what Apache and PHP do in such a case). Unfortunately my C knowledge is by far not deep enough to understand the source of XDebug at that point. Neither is my knowledge of debugging such problems, so I could not track it down myself.
Ah. I'm sorry - I've found the error. I use the Firefox extension CookiePie for developing on my TYPO3 websites, so I can have multiple tabs with the same site, but with different logins. The problem is that CookiePie does not send the XDEBUG_PROFILE cookie, though Easy XDebug showed profiling as enabled in the bottom right corner...
The other problem I mentioned (HTTP POST data not read with GET requests) still persists, but I bet that it gets lost somewhere in Apache or PHP, so there might be nothing XDebug can do about that.
All in all, I think this bug can be closed - I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. Just another thing: XDebug's tests in trunk threw some errors, which I have posted to qa.php.net - if you want to do something about that and need a tester, don't hesitate to contact me. And keep up the good work with XDebug! :)
||One final note: Maybe it would be worth adding a note to the docs that people should be careful with any browser extensions that fiddle around with cookies and request data. Maybe a short PHP test script that displays all data it got and whether XDebug was enabled for that request or not would be a great help in such situations.|
||Alright, closing then. I know there are some test failures, and will be looking at them.|
|2010-04-05 08:58||andreaswolf||New Issue|
|2010-04-05 08:58||andreaswolf||Operating System||=> Mac OS X 10.5.8|
|2010-04-05 08:58||andreaswolf||PHP Version||=> 5.3.2|
|2010-04-05 08:58||andreaswolf||Xdebug Version||=> 2.0.5|
|2010-04-05 16:17||derick||Note Added: 0001434|
|2010-04-05 16:17||derick||Status||new => feedback|
|2010-04-05 16:21||andreaswolf||Note Added: 0001435|
|2010-04-05 17:06||andreaswolf||Note Added: 0001436|
|2010-04-05 17:07||andreaswolf||Note Added: 0001437|
|2010-04-05 17:08||derick||Note Added: 0001438|
|2010-04-05 17:08||derick||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2010-04-05 17:08||derick||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2010-04-05 17:08||derick||Assigned To||=> derick|
|2016-07-31 12:36||derick||Category||Usage problems => Usage problems (Crashes)|
|2016-07-31 12:38||derick||Category||Usage problems (Crashes) => Usage problems (Wrong Results)|