View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0000881XdebugUsage problems (Wrong Results)public2016-11-27 21:54
ReporterhanshenrikAssigned Toderick 
PriorityhighSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status resolvedResolutionunable to reproduce 
PlatformPHP 5.4.4OSWindows7OS VersionNT-Kernel 6.1
Product Version2.2.1 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0000881: xdebug's var_dump cannot dump MySQLi_Result object info... (just says NULL)
Descriptionwhen using xdebug.overload_var_dump = 1,
var_dump says mysqli_result object's just contains a bunch of NULL's, regardless of what it actually contains..
Note: i have tested, and its the same result with every version of xdebug from 2.2.0rc1 to 2.2.1 (and those are currently the only php-5.4 compatible versions afaik)
Steps To Reproducemake sure:
xdebug.overload_var_dump = 1
run code:
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
$mysql_host = "ensembldb.ensembl.org";
$mysql_username = "anonymous";
$mysql_password = "";
$mysql_database = "";
$h=new MySQLi($mysql_host,$mysql_username,$mysql_password,$mysql_database);
$res=$h->query('SELECT 1 AS `test`');
var_dump($res,$res->num_rows);
die();
?>

Expected result:
(warning: sorry, im too lazy to format it to xdebug-style :p)
object(mysqli_result)0000002 (5) { ["current_field"]=> int(0) ["field_count"]=> int(1) ["lengths"]=> NULL ["num_rows"]=> int(1) ["type"]=> int(0) } int(1)

Actual result:

object(mysqli_result)[2]
  public 'current_field' => null
  public 'field_count' => null
  public 'lengths' => null
  public 'num_rows' => null
  public 'type' => null

int 1


Additional Informationany relevant (and irrelevant) configuration used should be shown here:
http://hanshenrik.tk/temp/view-source%20127.0.0.1%20phpinfo.php.htm
TagsNo tags attached.
Operating SystemWindows 7 Ultimate SP1 fully updated less than a month ago..
PHP Version5.4.4

Activities

hanshenrik

2012-09-02 12:26

reporter   ~0002338

and for the record, i didn't write 0000002 , i guess that's a bug/feature in "Mantis bugtracker system" or something
(original text was a "#" followed by "2")

derick

2016-11-27 21:54

administrator   ~0003802

I can't reproduce this with 2.5.0rc1 anymore, so I'm closing this. Please re-open if you can reproduce this.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2012-09-02 12:22 hanshenrik New Issue
2012-09-02 12:26 hanshenrik Note Added: 0002338
2016-07-31 12:36 derick Category Usage problems => Usage problems (Crashes)
2016-07-31 12:38 derick Category Usage problems (Crashes) => Usage problems (Wrong Results)
2016-11-27 21:54 derick Note Added: 0003802
2016-11-27 21:54 derick Status new => resolved
2016-11-27 21:54 derick Resolution open => unable to reproduce
2016-11-27 21:54 derick Assigned To => derick