View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0001040XdebugUsage problems (Wrong Results)public2014-04-29 21:45
ReporteratlantoAssigned Toderick 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
Status closedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSWindows 8.1OS Version
Product Version2.2.4 
Target VersionFixed in Version2.2.5 
Summary0001040: E: Could not connect to client. :-(
DescriptionXdebug 2.2.4 doesn't work on Windows8.1. (It works fine on Windows7 though)

Having following directives in php.ini,
>zend_extension = C:\php\php_xdebug-2.2.4-5.5-vc11-nts.dll
>xdebug.remote_enable = On
>xdebug.remote_autostart = On
>xdebug.remote_log = C:\php\xdebug.log
Attempting remote-debugging caused
>Log opened at 2014-03-19 09:15:51
>I: Connecting to configured address/port: localhost:9000.
>E: Could not connect to client. :-(
>Log closed at 2014-03-19 09:15:51

Xdebug 2.2.3 works fine in the same environment.
Additional Informationxdebug_com.c
>int xdebug_create_socket(const char *hostname, int dport)
> actually_connected = getpeername(sockfd, &sa, &size);
This failed. The error code was 10014(WSAEFAULT).
TagsNo tags attached.
Operating SystemWindows 8.1
PHP Version5.5.5-5.5.9

Activities

speller

2014-03-25 01:58

reporter   ~0002773

Support this issue!
In addition the xdebug socket connections to port 9000 remain established until PHP or IDE processes are terminated.
Sometimes by unknown conditions debugging started at my system (PHP x64 FCGI, PHPStorm, Win7 x64). But sometimes I can not start it. I see established connections between PHP and PHPStorm processes and message "Could not connect to client. :-(" in xdebug log.

miloslav

2014-03-25 15:07

reporter   ~0002774

Same issue here. If someone could send me(milkob at gmail.com)/upload pdb file for xdebug 2.2.4 NTS for PHP 5.5, that would be great. I could try to debug this.

Thank you so much!

derick

2014-03-25 16:24

administrator   ~0002775

Miloslav, you should be able to find that at: http://pecl.php.net/package/xdebug/2.2.4/windows

miloslav

2014-03-25 16:49

reporter   ~0002776

Derick, Thank you very much!

atlanto

2014-04-02 07:52

reporter   ~0002779

>xdebug_com.c
>>int xdebug_create_socket(const char *hostname, int dport)
>> actually_connected = getpeername(sockfd, &sa, &size);
>This failed. The error code was 10014(WSAEFAULT).
Should I mention 'size' is not being initialized?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms738533%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
http://www.unix.com/man-page/linux/2/getpeername/
I'm no longer having this bug since I compiled xdebug with a modification as adding "size=sizeof(sa);".

derick

2014-04-11 15:57

administrator   ~0002785

Atlanto, I think you're right. I've pushed a patch to github and put some new binaries at http://xdebug.org/files/xdebug-vc9-latest.tgz for you to test.

Miloslav, did you manage to find some time to look at the PDBs and debug this?

miloslav

2014-04-12 20:01

reporter   ~0002786

Derick, for some reason I'm not able to replicate this with version from http://pecl.php.net/package/xdebug/2.2.4/windows , but I'm able to replicate with the one from http://xdebug.org/download.php . Strange enough version for PHP 5.4 also works for me, just the one for PHP 5.5 is causing the issue.

If you'd be that kind and provide me with the fixed one for PHP 5.5. nts, I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

derick

2014-04-24 23:45

administrator   ~0002789

Can you please try the latest code from github - on the xdebug_2_2 branch? You can get that with:

git clone https://github.com/xdebug/xdebug.git
cd xdebug
git checkout xdebug_2_2

And then you can run:
phpize
./configure
make && make install

If you are on Windows, you can find new binaries at:
http://xdebug.org/files/xdebug-vc9-latest.tgz
or
http://xdebug.org/files/xdebug-vc11-latest.tgz

j0inty

2014-04-25 08:34

reporter   ~0002791

Hi

I ran into the same trouble as describe here on my Work Win7 x64 with PHP-nts 5.5.11 x64 and PHP-nts 5.4.27 x86.

Today I replaced the php_xdebug-2.2.4.dll's with the php_debug-2.2.5dev and it work's now like a charm ;)

regards
j0inty

miloslav

2014-04-27 14:33

reporter   ~0002801

Hi,

I can confirm the fixed version works.

Thank you very much!

derick

2014-04-29 21:45

administrator   ~0002804

Fixed in 2.2.5, which I will release very shortly.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2014-03-19 12:33 atlanto New Issue
2014-03-25 01:58 speller Note Added: 0002773
2014-03-25 15:07 miloslav Note Added: 0002774
2014-03-25 16:24 derick Note Added: 0002775
2014-03-25 16:49 miloslav Note Added: 0002776
2014-04-02 07:52 atlanto Note Added: 0002779
2014-04-11 15:57 derick Note Added: 0002785
2014-04-12 20:01 miloslav Note Added: 0002786
2014-04-24 23:45 derick Note Added: 0002789
2014-04-24 23:45 derick Assigned To => derick
2014-04-24 23:45 derick Status new => feedback
2014-04-25 08:34 j0inty Note Added: 0002791
2014-04-27 14:33 miloslav Note Added: 0002801
2014-04-29 21:45 derick Note Added: 0002804
2014-04-29 21:45 derick Status feedback => closed
2014-04-29 21:45 derick Resolution open => fixed
2014-04-29 21:45 derick Fixed in Version => 2.2.5
2016-07-31 13:36 derick Category Usage problems => Usage problems (Crashes)
2016-07-31 13:38 derick Category Usage problems (Crashes) => Usage problems (Wrong Results)