View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002069||Xdebug||Profiling||public||2022-03-03 00:54||2022-04-04 11:32|
|Target Version||3.1dev||Fixed in Version||3.1.4|
|Summary||0002069: Warn when profiler_append is used together with zlib compression|
Original title: "Cant use files produced with xdebug.profiler_append = 1"
Each page load for my wordpress site generates 8-10 files, mostly attributable to ajax requests. I was disappointed to find that xdebug.profiler_aggregate was deprecated, but tried to use "xdebug.profiler_append = 1" along with a generic filename in order to join together all of the files into one.
However, I cannot uncompress the file. Similarly, if I use "xdebug.use_compression = 0", qcachegrind cannot open the file - it just crashes.
It is entirely possible that this isn't a bug, but just a technical limitation - perhaps profiler files from different types of page requests can't be appended? Is there something else that I might be doing wrong?
|Steps To Reproduce|
zend_extension = xdebug
Use Chrome xdebug helper extension to trigger profiler.
I'm using xdebug 3.1.3, but the product version dropdown only allows up to 3.1.2
|Tags||No tags attached.|
I just manually combined the separate files and the file loads just fine in qcachegrind. However, they show up in different tabs, so I then removed the header lines from each and the show as one tab/page load.
But I'd rather not have to do that, so hopefully there's a way to fix how xdebug generates the aggregated/appended file!
I think there are two issues here:
I will re-style this issue to address point 1 above, to disable compression when xdebug.profiler_append is set to 1, and do that as a bug fix for the 3.1.x series.
Does that work?
I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the profiler rewrite!
Thanks so much for such an incredible tool - I only started web development 9 months ago and having xdebug for the past few months has made an incredible difference in my ability to learn and develop. I can't fathom how anyone has ever worked without it.
I've added a warning, with a fallback to uncompressed files, for Xdebug 3.1.x.
I have now also documented this on the website through https://github.com/xdebug/xdebug.org/commit/47a9e25999a6320c108b4d6bb5716f5218e89126 : https://xdebug.org/docs/errors#CFG-W-ZLIB-A
|2022-03-03 00:54||nickc||New Issue|
|2022-03-03 01:50||nickc||Note Added: 0006226|
|2022-03-07 15:52||derick||Product Version||3.1.2 => 3.1.3|
|2022-03-07 16:12||derick||Assigned To||=> derick|
|2022-03-07 16:12||derick||Status||new => feedback|
|2022-03-07 16:12||derick||Note Added: 0006233|
|2022-03-07 23:15||nickc||Note Added: 0006235|
|2022-03-07 23:15||nickc||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2022-03-09 17:47||derick||Target Version||=> 3.1dev|
|2022-03-09 17:47||derick||Summary||Cant use files produced with xdebug.profiler_append = 1 => Warn when profiler_append is used together with zlib compression|
|2022-03-09 17:47||derick||Description Updated|
|2022-03-09 18:14||derick||Status||assigned => closed|
|2022-03-09 18:14||derick||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2022-03-09 18:14||derick||Fixed in Version||=> 3.1dev|
|2022-03-09 18:14||derick||Note Added: 0006239|
|2022-03-11 17:54||derick||Note Added: 0006241|
|2022-04-04 11:32||derick||Fixed in Version||3.1dev => 3.1.4|