View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000656||Xdebug||Uncategorized||public||2011-01-17 23:57||2011-02-17 21:19|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0000656: Summary not written when script ended with "exit()"|
|Description||It seems that there may still be a problem with scripts that are terminated prematurely using the "exit" keyword.|
I must admit that I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to the inner workings of xdebug or cachegrind files, but the two bug reports listed below seem to highlight what I am experiencing:
I installed xdebug tonight and noticed that when viewing the results in webgrind, sometimes information would be missing. Quickly deduced that this information was only missing on pages that used the "exit" keyword.
|Steps To Reproduce||Create a simple script that is terminated prematurely using the exit keyword. I used a page that had a single call to phpinfo(), followed by the exit keyword. The resulting cachegrind file lacks, what I am assuming, is the summary line that others have mentioned in previous reports.|
|Additional Information||Apache/2.2.15 (Win32)|
php_xdebug-2.1.0-5.3-vc6.dll (as instructed by the Tailored Installation Instructions)
This is the first time I have submitted a bug report. If I am missing some relevant information, please let me know and I will add it.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Operating System||Windows XP Home SP3|
I could also reproduce this with PHP 5.3.3 and xdebug 2.1.0.
This was fixed in rev. 3369 (http://bugs.xdebug.org/view.php?id=631). If you need this bug fix you'll want to install from source -- either checkout trunk or just apply the patch from ticket 631 to the 2.1.0 release.
Unfortunately, I think compiling a dll may be a little beyond me. Unless you have a link to a good tutorial? I guess I'll just have to wait for the Windows binaries on the site to be updated.
Thanks for letting me know Jon :)
||@jsimms: I have some at http://xdebug.org/files/xdebug-latest.tgz which are from December 17th — but they should have the fix. Can you try?|
I replaced the php_xdebug-2.1.0-5.3-vc6.dll file with the php_xdebug-2.1dev-5.3-vc6.dll and it seems to be working great. I've tested pages that use the "exit" keyword and the resulting cachegrind files appear to have all the relevant information. I also tried the 2.2dev DLL, and that is fine too.
Thanks for posting that DLL pack, I appreciate it :)
Great. Closing as a dup of 0000631 then.
|2011-01-17 23:57||jsimms||New Issue|
|2011-02-12 18:14||jon||Note Added: 0001673|
|2011-02-12 19:06||jsimms||Note Added: 0001674|
|2011-02-17 19:59||derick||Note Added: 0001677|
|2011-02-17 21:18||jsimms||Note Added: 0001678|
|2011-02-17 21:19||derick||Note Added: 0001679|
|2011-02-17 21:19||derick||Relationship added||duplicate of 0000631|
|2011-02-17 21:19||derick||Status||new => resolved|
|2011-02-17 21:19||derick||Resolution||open => duplicate|
|2011-02-17 21:19||derick||Assigned To||=> derick|
|2016-07-31 12:36||derick||Category||Usage problems => Usage problems (Crashes)|
|2016-07-31 12:38||derick||Category||Usage problems (Crashes) => Usage problems (Wrong Results)|
|2020-03-12 16:35||derick||Category||Usage problems (Wrong Results) => Variable Display|
|2020-03-12 16:38||derick||Category||Variable Display => Uncategorized|